Af fine tune vs Sigma USB Doc to fine tune focus?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SK
SK
Regular MemberPosts: 185Gear list
Like?
Af fine tune vs Sigma USB Doc to fine tune focus?
4 months ago

I just picked up a Sigma 35art 1.4 and was thinking of fine tuning the AF on this lens with my Df.

Not sure if I fully understand  the difference between fine tuning the AF via custom adjustments on the Df body, versus using the Sigma Doc to tweak the firmware on the lens.

Any sense of which is more effective, easier etc.  Why choose one approach versus other  (also factor in that I have more than one Nikon body  so perhaps its makes sense to adjust the lens, versus each body?)   I assume that regardless, you have to use a device like the lens align or similar to get the adjustment factors..?

Any experience using the doc on a MAC/Mavericks OS appreciated - saw one random neg comment on line.

Thanks for any input.

SK's gear list:SK's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow