Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Spiridakis Michael
Senior MemberPosts: 2,365
Like?
Olympus 45mm questions/thoughts
8 months ago

You may know that recently got the along awaited for me 45/1.8, I have already post some first thoughts impressions but here I am looking for specific answers.

The lens occasionally, and locally, has a tendency in Axial Chromatic Aberration - also known as longitudinal chromatic aberration... That is hardly fixable if not at all...

So because my personal experience in really expensive dedicated MFT glass... and I am very specific on this... I don't care here for adapted lenses... but only for native m43 glass... So because of my limited experience in really expensive manual glass like the Voigtlaender mft, I wish to ask for opinions or pictures to see...

So here is a portrait of two that I like a lot... it is f:1.8 in the middle of the day under the shadow of o huge tree... despite the f:1.8 speed was reasonable @ 1/1600 so no extreme exposure... but I post a portion of the picture that something went totally out of control... and I am looking for your experience of really expensive glass in the same conditions...

Otherwise speaking for the specific picture (and the likes) the lens did what paid to do... auto focused really fast and accurate and due to face recognition it had both heads in account...  from my experience of my adapted OM 50mm I swear I couldn't manual focus that fast.... and the picture simply had no chance...

And here is the local Axial chromatic aberration

-- hide signature --

www.spiridakis.gr

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow