Canon 5D Mark iii or 6D with two primes....

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mcbry111
Forum MemberPosts: 60Gear list
Like?
Canon 5D Mark iii or 6D with two primes....
4 months ago

Looking at getting a Canon 5D Mark iii with the 24 f2.8 IS or 35 f2 IS or 6D with 24 f1.4 or 35 1.4. Would like one of these lenses to shoot landscapes, travel photography, and some environmental portraits. I would also pickup the 85mm f1.8 to give me a two prime lens combo to start with. I have shot weddings in the past on a crop sensor and may want to try my hand at this again.  This would make me lean a little more toward the 5D Mark iii. I know the 6D may best suit me but the 5D mark iii has a lot going for it also at a much higher price-point  The trade off would be that I would not be able to get the best glass initially.

Wife is giving me the ok to spend about $5000 or so to start for my so called mid-life crisis but I only get one shot at this. I enjoy reading all the comments on the forums so I decided to throw my scenario out here. What would you do?  Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

mcbry111's gear list:mcbry111's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow