TOF guy
TOF guy MOD
Forum ProPosts: 10,569Gear list
Like?
Try before you buy
In reply to lefantian, 3 months ago

Hi

Let's start with the easy question:

> 2). IS the AF system of the 5DIII fast, accurate and reliable enough?

I'm sure it's all of that. Canon AF has always seemed to me a little faster and from the feedback from Canon users the 5DIII AF is very accurate and reliable.

1). IS there a big difference between the D800 and 5DIII in skintone rendering? Do Canon users always need to intensively adjust color for a better skin tone?

The answers you get here prove IMO that there is no answer. Many - including me - do not see any difference worth talking about. But maybe there is something that our own eyes and color taste are not sensitive to. The answer to your question about switching is "no" from this group of people, but that would not help you since clearly you are not pleased with your results.

And maybe Canon will disappoint you as well.

The best answer, IMO, is to try yourself before committing to a significant expense and still risk the chance of being disappointed in the end. Renting a 5DIII and a 50 mm f1.8 for two days is cheap compared to the expense at play. You'll get your own answer, one which nobody else can help you with.

Good luck !

-- hide signature --

Thierry - posted as regular forum member

TOF guy's gear list:TOF guy's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow