Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
requa
Regular MemberPosts: 210Gear list
Like?
NFC Connection (to G1X MArk II)
8 months ago

I have the G1X Mark II, though this question will probably be the same for other models with WiFi and NFC. I am attempting to connect via NFC to my Android phone, in this case a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. I have NFC enabled on the phone. I can successfully connect the camera and the phone when both are connected to the same wireless network. When I attempt to connect via NFC, first of all I have a very difficult time getting the devices to ping by touching them. I end up moving the back of the phone around slowly over the camera's NFC spot and eventually getting the ping. Once it pings, my phone launches Canon Camera Window as expected. When I attempt to view images on the camera or control the camera from the phone, I get an error message instructing me to connect the camera. At the bottom of the CW screen, I see the name of my WiFi network.

It appears that CW is only attempting to communicate through the WiFi network despite its recognition of the NFC ping. How do I make the camera and phone communicate through NFC? Is this something that can only be accomplished when the devices are not in the presence of a known WiFi signal? I have not tested this in other environments. I'd appreciate any tips on establishing this link.

Thanks,

Dan

requa's gear list:requa's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X II Canon PowerShot S100
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow