My D40x is broken need new body ASAP due to important events. Help needed!

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aries22
Regular MemberPosts: 202
Like?
My D40x is broken need new body ASAP due to important events. Help needed!
8 months ago

Hello everyone,

Well, the worst has occurred. My trusty D40x has broken on me at the time when I need it most. I had it ready to go in preparation for a couple important events. Well the time came but when I went to use my camera the autofocus would not work. Nothing I tried worked to fix it. I took it to a repair shop and it's not my lenses that are the problem. I don't have time to get it repaired since I need a replacement body ASAP, too much time has passed already. I'm very upset because such times only happen for a short while and are gone in a snap.

I have not been able to keep up with all the new cameras coming out for some time now and ask if you can help me decide which body to replace the broken d40x with.  Unfortunately I'm on a very slim budget since I was not currently saving for a new body. I thought about getting a d40 instead of d40x for the extra flash sync speed, slightly increased low light capability, and slightly lighter weight but I know both these cameras are outdated now.

My preferences are: smaller, lightweight dslr; sensor size and quality that allows for better low light performance; something that is equal to or better than the d40x. I guess I'm stuck with getting a used or refurbished body since my budget is only up to $400 max. Is there anything else in Nikon's lineup that would be an option for me, or should I just replace with another d40x or d40?

I need to order something today so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Lenses & gear:

Nikon 18-200mm vr original version

Sigma 30mm f1.4

Nikon SB 400 flash

Thank you for your help in advance! I'll be checking back often.

Nikon D40 Nikon D40X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow