Nikon 1 V3 assorted daylight snaps

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 32,749Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon 1 V3 assorted daylight snaps
In reply to VertigonA380, 3 months ago

VertigonA380 wrote:

I realise that when you get a camera you snap away like crazy, it's what I do to. I also realise these are street shots, light varying by the shot and that subjects are moving.

I can see some potential in the hair of the lady with the blue puffer jacket moving away from the camera. As for the others, not really. Oh and I didn't enlarge every shot.

This doesn't mean the V3 can't give more, it's just that in my opinion it hasn't given enough yet. As things go, someone might make a set of jaw dropping images, it does happen. It might be from a total newbie or someone we know on the forum. I saw the press release shots for the camera, and they were ok, given that Nikon don't seem to push for stunning shots in any camera release, the potential does remain for someone to knock us over with the clarity, dynamic range, tonal graduation and nuances of faint light that I am hoping to see out of this camera.

well if it helps, I really like the tones here - a snap and one I consider a photograph.  I separated the snap thread from the one I consider photographs.  I am not just to trying to mindlessly snap away- I do a combo of both on a new camera to see if it works for me to help me get real shots and on the snaps to get a sense of what the canvas of light of it does.

If I keep expect much more of course

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow