Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,648Gear list
Like?
Re: It paints a less-than-pretty picture for SR, too
In reply to moving_comfort, 8 months ago

moving_comfort wrote:

awaldram wrote:

Even after 40 years shooting d/slr's, 8 years of shooting Pentax I still got it wrong with the K3 and it took me a few weeks to sort myself out so I was happy with the results, and a few 1000 images till I was actually impressed.

You, a dedicated Pentax shooter with time to burn on one camera is allowed to get it wrong, but dpreview isn't? Your answer may be 'no', but deriding dpreview for being idiots for making the same mistakes you did for weeks and a few 1000+ images paints you in the same light, no?

There is a difference between shooting with a camera and making a review - something that would be used to compare cameras and decide on what to buy. DPReview shouldn't try, if they can't find a reliable method of measuring things.

Wrong measurements are worse than no measurements at all.

One way dpreview could really help here is to do it again, and highlight how generally leaving SR on with AF-C is not a very good idea - maybe show the difference in results, if there are any.

If they have the resources for properly experimenting - but such experiments should be separate from a review.

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow