Sony A7/R Camera Bag and Strap?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
locke42
Regular MemberPosts: 167Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony A7/R Camera Bag and Strap?
In reply to EvilKarma, 7 months ago

EvilKarma wrote:

Will be looking for a small but big enough bag for my A7 + kit lens + 55mm + batteries, filters, hood, and maybe enough room for an ipad mini and a water bottle if possible.

Must be fashionable, so no typical black zipper camera bag. I see some pretty good looking ones and decent priced at Etsy, wondering if anyone knows of any other places? And do you think I need that big insert where it's designed to fit your body and lenses? Seems really bulky...

http://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/165218374/genuine-cow-leather-canvas-bag-camera?ref=sr_gallery_9&ga_search_query=camera+bag+leather&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_ship_to=CA&ga_page=6&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Something like that works for me, or a leather one. But it doesn't have the padded insert. Probably not enough protection huh?

http://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/171723054/c113-peru-leather-camera-bag-w-shoulder?ref=sr_gallery_22&ga_search_query=camera+bag+leather&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_ship_to=CA&ga_page=8&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

This one is real nice too, lot's of compartments and pockets. Just seems really boxy and bulky with that insert.

Opinions?

I went with an old reliable:

Billingham Hadley Pro (black canvas + chocolate leather trim)

The Hadley Pro has been my go-to bag for years. I have the insert divided into thirds, so that my A7 + 55mm + batteries go into one compartment, my laptop charger + USB cables + external batteries (for my phone) goes into a second compartment, and my 18-oz coffee thermos or a Nalgene water bottle goes into the third compartment. Then my MacBook Air slides into the space behind the insert. The two front pockets can hold my Kindle + pens + passport in one pocket, and miscellaneous items in the second pocket, while the slash pocket in the back holds my iPad Mini.

The best thing about this bag (apart from its small size yet surprisingly large and versatile capacity) is that it's SILENT. No velcro to rip open to get your camera, no metal latches to clank and click when you fumble with them, etc. Just yank the leather tabs, fold back the flap, and you have access to your camera.

Artisan and Artist cloth neck strap.

locke42's gear list:locke42's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 60D Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow