### Weekly Garden&Flower ### 25 April 2014

Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
Rich Z
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,516Gear list
Like?
Re: Hospital Roses
In reply to Ravenwing Photo, 5 months ago

You're right about being more careful; however, none of my recent travails has been more painful than that joke. Full frame, indeed. Oh dear, I'll have to listen to a half hour of Henny Youngman stand up one liners to clear my brain. "Take my wife, please." "I told my doctor it hurts when I do dat. Doc said, don't do dat." I feel a little better, now.

I've drooled over the Olympus STF-22 for years. It has so much power and range, but I only need that type of flash for close up stuff. $70 is a lot easier on the purse than $700+. I'm thinking this little gizmo will be good for softening the shadows under eyebrows and chin and reducing the PP in the portrait work I'm trying not to do any more of. I imagine you can use the Oly twin flash to melt a path through the snow until you have flowers to shoot.

I went back to the hospital again today, just to shoot some more of their roses, trying different exposure and lighting strategies. I'm working on them now. Maybe if this thread doesn't fill, I'll post another set. Rich

http://photobucket.com/dfr49_pix

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow