Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
bronxbombers4
Senior MemberPosts: 2,652
Like?
Re: Some examples that show why a wide gamut monitor matters:
In reply to Andr3w, 6 months ago

Andr3w wrote:

olakiril2 wrote:

I had a wide gamut monitor and as much as I enjoyed looking photographs with it, it was a pain in the ass when developing photographs for general monitors. Your examples illustrate exactly what the problem is.

Look here: http://davidjohnstone.net/blog/2013/06/be-careful-when-buying-a-wide-gamut-monitor

sRGB space is more than enough for most of the people that do photography.

I agree. managing two versions (one print, one screen) of all your photos is a lot of work. More people have seen my work online than in person, so I stay focused on generating sRGB files that work for both print and screen. It's not how many crayons you have in the box, it is how well you put them to use.

-- hide signature --

www.fallingrunphotography.com

It's not possible to show those images as they look like in real life in sRGB so yeah it can be about how many crayons you have in your box.

It's crazy that photographers will spend hundreds on a tripod and tens of thousand on lenses and bodies and thousands on filters, but then nobody seems to give a care in the world as to actually seeing what they shoot. Just clip away half the colors you shot? Who cares?! No big deal!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow