Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
bronxbombers4
Senior MemberPosts: 2,750
Like?
Re: Some examples that show why a wide gamut monitor matters:
In reply to Sean Nelson, 7 months ago

Sean Nelson wrote:

olakiril2 wrote:

I had a wide gamut monitor and as much as I enjoyed looking photographs with it, it was a pain in the ass when developing photographs for general monitors.

This is exactly why I stick with standard monitors - so that I don't have problems showing my photos to friends on my smart phone or television, or e-mailing or sharing photos with others. You can't count on anyone else to have a wide gamut monitor, so it's always seemed to me that they're only suitable for hermits.

Nothing prevents you from doing sRGB previews on a wide gamut monitor.

And at least you can see things as they were instead of going crazy for years wondering why no matter how you tried to light or expose flowers they never looked like in real life.

Look at how much you miss when you use sRGB and clip away TONS and TONS of information that your camera captured.

I've never begun to understand why, of all people, photographers seem to be the single biggest Luddites when it comes to seeing proper color these days.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow