Fuji RAF files are bigger than the JPG...cropping!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
David Strachan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,177Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji RAF files are bigger than the JPG...cropping!
In reply to David Strachan, 6 months ago

I want all the wide RAF file to work with. I don't want to step back. I just want those extra side pixels which I should be getting with my XE-1 and the native raw converter. That way I'm getting the full width that I should be with this lens..I'd really like my full 18mm width, and it's base character.

But it looks like the impossible dream. I can view and save in FastStone to JPG or TIFF but not save to DNG or RAF....I still get the full sized image that way; but just no longer in a raw file..

cheers Dave S

Carefully study the comparison images I posted in OP. I prefer without corrections...if I could

Edward, thanks for the pics but they don't address the information. Your viewers are also opening the "crippled" image. They are all just the manufactured JPG, and are missing this extra non-corrected information which can be viewed in FastStone. I do not have any other file browsers which open this "corrected" image in it's "uncorrected" view.

David Strachan's gear list:David Strachan's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Leica M8 Canon EOS 60D Fujifilm X-E1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow