X-T1 goes to Beach...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Evan Effa
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,340Gear list
Like?
Re: Did you also have the Fuji 10-24mm lens?
In reply to Smiller4128, 4 months ago

Smiller4128 wrote:

I've been trying to do some research and choose between getting the fuji 14mm f2.8 or the Fuji 10-24mm f4 and I'm curious id you used the Fuji 10-24mm on some of these?

If so, I do believe you just sold me on getting the 10-24mm lens lol.

Absolutely stunning pictures!

Thank you Smiller4128.

Yes, many of these images were shot with the 10-24 lens.  If you check the EXIF on most of the wide angle images you will see that the 10mm Focal length gets a lot of use.  The second, third & fourth images above were all with this lens.

My own feeling is that outside of low light street photography, the faster 14mm lens has less utility than the more versatile & wider zoom.  I'm often shooting wider than 14 mm & like to stop down to smaller apertures to exploit that huge depth of field at 10mm so the 10-24 is better fit for me.  The Mussels Galore image above was shot at 10mm & F13 with everything from the shells in the foreground  (3 inches from the lens) to the far distant islands in focus.  Quite impressive really.

I have had number of wide angle angle lenses from the 10.5 mm Nikkor Fisheye, the 15 mm Canon Fisheye & the 17-40 Canon but none have been as sharp, with so little CA & so little distortion.

It's a very impressive piece of glass -highly recommended.

-evan

-- hide signature --
 Evan Effa's gear list:Evan Effa's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow