Get A6000 with kit? Or get body only and use my SEL1855?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ksc6000
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Get A6000 with kit? Or get body only and use my SEL1855?
8 months ago

So I was going to sell my NEX-C3 with the SEL1855 kit lens to someone, but once they told me they wanted to do sports photography, I advised them to look elsewhere. He didn't know much about cameras and I didn't want to sell him something that wasn't going to perform in the way he was looking for.

I have a $500 amazon gift card from work that I can put towards the camera, bringing my out of pocket expense to $298 for the camera with the kit lens......but now that I'm coming to the realization that I'm not going to be able to sell my NEX-C3...should I just get the a6000 body only and use my SEL1855 with it?   I've tried to find if there is an IQ difference between the 2 lenses and can't find anything conclusive. The other concern if of course focus speed, and my thought is that the SELP1650 will focus faster, and that's the whole reason I'm even interested in the a6000, so I can finally have a fast focusing walk around camera. And of course the SELP1650 can shrink to be a lot smaller than the SEL1855, and that's quite nice but not a dealmaker/breaker.

Any thoughts from you folks?

Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-C3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow