Uh oh. What did I do? A6000/16-70 purchase.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
PVCdroid
Senior MemberPosts: 2,162Gear list
Like?
Re: Uh oh. What did I do? A6000/16-70 purchase.
In reply to trax87, 7 months ago

trax87 wrote:

I'm only half joking. Lol. Not sure how it happened exactly. I have a NEX 6 that I am very happy with, along with a few lenses. I basically have everything covered from ultra wide with the 16mm and adapter through the 55-210 plus the 35/1.8 prime. I had been considering the 16-70z, but thought it was a little pricey. I also was thinking about a DSLR for better AF and/or either a DSLR or m4/3 for greater lens and accessory options.

Next thing I know B&H offers A $300 discount on the 16-70 and A6000 combo. I wasn't yet sure if I was going to buy the 16-70 and had all but decided not to upgrade the NEX at this point. But there I was pushing the buy button! And I don't usually do things like that.

Oh well. It's still on pre-order, so I guess I'll have some time to consider my actions :).

You're going to be in heaven with the new lens and camera I suspect. Those darn specials do turn you into an ordering zombie. I got an A7 and A7R bundle when the trade-in program was in effect at huge savings. BH Photo was to blame by adding another $160 to the $300 trade in deal on top of the $650 bundle discount. Sold the A7 and SEL2470Z (very nice lens but had to keep the cost down) and kept the A7R, LA-EA4 and HVL-60M. I'm blown away by detail the sensor can produce and overall image quality although my NEX-7 and SEL1670Z combo is no slouch.

The SEL1670Z actually does a stellar job on the A7R in crop mode too. The 16-70Z is a lens you'll use for years. The sharpness, color, contrast, focus accuracy and speed improvements from the lens were very noticeable to me on the NEX-7. It must be even better on the A6000. Have fun, I sure am! I think Sony is trying to take over the world, turning one of us at a time into camera junkie zombies.

PVCdroid's gear list:PVCdroid's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow