Since Lightroom is so good, what do you use Photoshop for?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
dwight3
Senior MemberPosts: 1,900Gear list
Like?
Re: Since Lightroom is so good, what do you use Photoshop for?
In reply to Sutherland, 7 months ago

LR is great. I use it for all my photos. It is my catalog and basic adjustment tool.

But there are things that LR doesn't that PS does.

Adjustment of odd-shaped areas or specific features of an image

Panoramas

Focus stacking

HDR

Swapping heads

Placing labels on portions of a photo or annotating an image

Making signs, logos.

About 90% of my images don't see PS. The other 10% that need PS are sent to PS directly from LR. When the work is finished in PS, saving it sends it back to LR automatically. I then have the original and the PS-edited image both in the LR catalog.

LR and PS are complementary, not exclusive.

 dwight3's gear list:dwight3's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S52c Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow