We discover that an XT1 makes a poor defense against a charging Highland bull

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
tlinn
Regular MemberPosts: 458Gear list
Like?
Re: We discover that an XT1 makes a poor defense against a charging Highland bull
In reply to Birddogman, 3 months ago

Nice images and great story, Birddogman!  Were I to find myself in your position, I imagine the story ending with me tangled in barbed wire, probably inverted, and severely gored.

I live in Central Oregon near lots of cattle ranches.  The cattle are usually behind barbed wire fences—but not always.  Last year, a colleague of mine was driving down the highway in his large red minivan when he approached a small group of cattle grazing along the outside of the fence.  Before he knew it, a large bull emerged from the group and came charging at the side of his van.  The thing caved in the drivers side of the van, shattered nearly all the windows, and, in the process, knocked itself unconscious.  His experience has changed the way I view bulls—and stories like yours. 

tlinn's gear list:tlinn's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow