Planning Safari trip and need a Monopod Head: Really Right Stuff MH-02 LR or Sirui L-10?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kteng
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Planning Safari trip and need a Monopod Head: Really Right Stuff MH-02 LR or Sirui L-10?
3 months ago

Going on a S. African Safari for the first time this year. Looking to purchase a new telephoto lens and a new carbon fiber monopod and tilt head. Need advice on the following:

1) Monopod: Looking at the Sirui P-326 monopod or Feisol CM-401

2) Monopod Tilt Head: Really Right Stuff MH-02 LR or Sirui L-10

I have never used a monopod before so this will be my first time. I've been researching a lot on all the different types of heads and accessories and it is very confusing. I will probably only use this set up a few times a year at most, but am willing to invest in something between $100 - $200 for the carbon fiber monopod and $110 - $350 for the Tilt head. I need something simple and easy to use that won't break the bank but is still a good value. After my research, I've narrowed the choices above (not sure if I need any additional accessories) and would love some feedback from anyone who either uses this combination or at least has researched these brands?

Here is my current equipment:

- Canon 5D Mark II

- Canon 70-200 (F 2.8L IS II)

- Canon 16-35 F 2.8L

- Canon 24 - 70 F 2.8L II

I am planning to buy the Canon 1.4x iii Extender to use with my 70 - 200 2.8 IS II and pre ordered the new Tamron 150-600 super telephoto lens and my secondary lens I will use for my 2nd Canon 5d Mark II. I'm definitely an amateur photographer that just wants to take good photos on our first safari trip later this summer. The plan is for my fiancé to use one camera set up and I will use the other. Would love any advice on what I plan to bring?

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow