Anyone with a Nikon D5300 and AF-S DX 35mm F/1.8G combo???

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Emil Jacobsen
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Anyone with a Nikon D5300 and AF-S DX 35mm F/1.8G combo???
7 months ago

So previously having established that I indeed did have a back focus problem with my recently purchased D5300 and older 35 mm F/1.8 DX lens (http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3658259) I went to my camera store to the the issue resolved...

The guy at the camera store told me that he had talked to Nikon and that my lens was at fault and since the lens was out of warranty I was to pay the authorized Nikon service center close to 200$ to get it adjusted.

Since the lens used to work perfect on my old D5100 I asked the guy to try another copy on my new D5300. He then found a used copy, attached it to my camera, and the same thing happened - Severe back focus.
He found a second used copy, again the result was the same - severe back focus.
He then tried a sparkling new one from a newer before opened box and the same thing happened - severe back focus.
He finally attached a 35 mm F/1.4 and got perfect focus wide open.

The camera could focus, but just not with a 35 mm F/1.8 attached. We tried 4 different copies, all from different batches, and got the same disappointing result every time - Back focus! It seems to be the combination of camera and lens that is the issue

Have any of you had similar focusing issues with that very specific combo? (D5300 and 35 mm F/1.8 DX)

Nikon D5100 Nikon D5300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow