Fuji to go FF soon? I don't think so....

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Just a Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,130Gear list
Like?
Fuji to go FF soon? I don't think so....
8 months ago

Read the following article on Fuji's website.
They claim that the X-Trans sensor is as good as any FF sensor.

http://www.fujifilm.com.au/blogs/digital-photography/so-you-want-a-full-frame-dslr

A quote from the article:

[quote]So you want a Full Frame DSLR?

“Why? Because a bigger sensor is better, right?

That would be correct if all cameras were created equal. Just like car engines size does not necessarily always mean more power.”

Now you understand sensors so this statement made by Warrewyk might make more sense. There's no need to go to a Full Frame when a smaller APS-C sized X-Trans CMOS sensor will produce an equivalent or in some cases better result.

I hope I have managed to provide some insight into the difference between a standard Bayer sensor and a Fujifilm X-Trans CMOS sensor. The best way to see the difference is to test two cameras for yourself, one with a Bayer filter and the other with a X-Trans CMOS sensor.[/quote]

Wonder if this will settle all rumours and calm down those people that claim that the X-Pro 2 will be FF. My guess it won't. But the 24MP organic sensor may come soon.

Just a Photographer's gear list:Just a Photographer's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow