Sekonic data transfer software? using L-758 DR

Started Apr 25, 2014 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Trout479
Trout479 Forum Member • Posts: 51
Re: Sekonic data transfer software? using L-758 DR

While I do not have that specific model, I have recently purchased a 478D.  I noticed that the meter was over exposing based on the camera meter, so I ran the transfer software to calibrate the meter to my 6D. I first upgraded the firmware on the 478D to the latest edition, (ver 3.092) after deleting previous editions per instructions.

I  took three shots, -2 EV, 0 EV, and +2 EV, of my Color Checker Passport, opened them in LR, cropped them and saved out as JPEGS.  I then followed the steps as outlined here. DTS software instructions . There are links for Win or Mac on the tabs at the top of the page. If you follow the instructions, I thought the process was pretty straightforward.  I need to create a few more for the most common lenses I use.

After checking the meter suggested settings, versus the camera settings for getting a proper exposure, I think my results are very close based on pictures using one or the other.

selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow