Sekonic data transfer software? using L-758 DR

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
Trout479
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Re: Sekonic data transfer software? using L-758 DR
In reply to VA-ArtG, 8 months ago

While I do not have that specific model, I have recently purchased a 478D.  I noticed that the meter was over exposing based on the camera meter, so I ran the transfer software to calibrate the meter to my 6D. I first upgraded the firmware on the 478D to the latest edition, (ver 3.092) after deleting previous editions per instructions.

I  took three shots, -2 EV, 0 EV, and +2 EV, of my Color Checker Passport, opened them in LR, cropped them and saved out as JPEGS.  I then followed the steps as outlined here. DTS software instructions . There are links for Win or Mac on the tabs at the top of the page. If you follow the instructions, I thought the process was pretty straightforward.  I need to create a few more for the most common lenses I use.

After checking the meter suggested settings, versus the camera settings for getting a proper exposure, I think my results are very close based on pictures using one or the other.

selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow