Veteran MemberPosts: 8,694Gear list
Like?
Macro experiment with the X100s
In reply to Bill Siegrist, 6 months ago

Bill Siegrist wrote:

Greetings all

This morning, I ordered the following:

• X100S 16 MP Digital Camera with 2.8-Inch LCD (Silver) $1,299.00
  • B+W 49mm Clear UV Haze Multi-Resistant Coating (010M) (Amazon $28.50)
  • EzFoto 49mm Black Filter Adapter Ring and Metal Lens Hood (Amazon $8.99) BLACK
  • SanDisk Ultra 32 GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card (Amazon $20.82)
  • STK's Fuji NP-95 Battery Charger - (Amazon $14.99)
  • STK's Fuji NP-95 Battery - 2000 mAH (Amazon $9.99) ORDERED 3
  • Anodized Green Lizard Custom Soft Release Button by Lensmate (Amazon $19.99)
  • Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 10 Bag (Amazon $44.75)
  • Thumb Grip by Lensmate Silver (Amazon $59.95)

Now, I am equipped ...

• Olympus E-5, full range of Oly lens, flash, and accessories

• Fuji x100s and a full range of accessories (What did I miss? Please don't tell my wife.)

My life is complete!

-- hide signature --

Kind regards,
Bill Siegrist
http://www.billsiegrist.org/

For my taste the X100s has a lousy hand grip, well non existent.  the result caused three fingers to bunch while the other two and palm are holding the camera. Point is that it is very uncomfortable to use.

I mentioned the Really Right Stuff Grip and even posted pictures. A few complaints about it being too large or something like that. The base plate and grip and form fitting and the grip gives enough hold that it makes the X100s and for that matter when I had the XE-1 more enjoyable to use.

Just a suggestion, the RRS grip and baseplate about $130. You do not need the "L" plate component unless you use a Arca Swiss head.

http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/s.nl/sc.26/category.646/.f

*Camera Bag

I have both the TT 10 bag like you have. In addition I got the the Billingham Hadley Digital. This bag allows the X100s with RRS grip, 28 mm conversion lens and small flash, SD cards, cleaning stuff and even a small table top tripod.

I traveled with this bag to include the X100s as described but I also added the Sony RX 100 mark ii for video. Fuji X sucks at video and don't depend on it for that.

*Filters

MC clear filter

tiffen 812 warming filter

I decided to hold off on the ND filter since it has a built in ND, works great.

Just saying you may need a second bag.

Couple macro's just for experiment purposes, just arbitrary spur of the moment.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow