Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
San Francisco Guy
Regular MemberPosts: 152
Like?
Thinking of Selling my FZ200 for the ZS40
4 months ago

I've owned my FZ200 for a few months and I also have the ZS25.  I bought the FZ200 mostly because of the ability to take raw pictures, and the good reviews for low light pictures.  I find myself still often reaching for the ZS25 due to the size of the FZ200.  I recently went to a baseball game and just didn't want to have a camera bag with me, or a camera hanging from my neck.  I also enjoy taking a camera with me on my long bike rides and the FZ200 takes up a lot of room in my backpack and is not quick to unpack and begin shooting.  It's especially big when you put on the light diffuser!  I'm thinking I might as well have a full size SLR if I'm going to tote around something this size (which I plan on buying at some point in the future).

I'm now considering selling the FZ200 and my ZS25 and purchasing a ZS40.  The ZS40 has a small footprint, good zoom, raw, geo-tagging, and some other nice features.  I've read mixed reviews on the ZS40, but mostly they look good.  I'd love to hear from some of you on making such a move, including those of you that own the ZS40.

Thanks everyone, and have a nice weekend!!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 (Lumix DMC-TZ35) Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow