Since Lightroom is so good, what do you use Photoshop for?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
miketuthill
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,023Gear list
Like?
Re: Since Lightroom is so good, what do you use Photoshop for?
In reply to Sutherland, 8 months ago

Sutherland wrote:

Given the advances in LR, it seems like a lot of photographers have made it their destination of choice for most of their post-processing, leaving PS for the more difficult adjustments or to finish off their best captures. Even Jeff Schewe in The Digital Negative cites the 80/20 rule (80% in LR, 20% in PS) for his own workflow.

So the question for you LR users is: What do you use PS for? What types of adjustments do you leave for PS because LR is not up to the task?

I use PS primarily for Content Aware and plugins which I find more convenient to apply from PS than from within Lightroom as I generally use more than one plugin so I don't have to make multiple trips in and out of LR by applying all such adjustments from within PS and then returning to LR.

miketuthill's gear list:miketuthill's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow