Stick with Nikon or Go for the 5DIII ?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
surrephoto
Regular MemberPosts: 219
Like?
Re: Stick with Nikon or Go for the 5DIII ?
In reply to Nexu1, 3 months ago

Nexu1 wrote:

surrephoto wrote:

I don't agree with this advice at all. Skintones have absolutely nothing to do with WB values. Unless of course your WB is completely off, and so your skintones get affected. We need to assume that whatever cameras you are comparing are delivering the correct WB value if you are using AWB. And btw, canon's AWB isn't perfect either. Try it in warm lighting.

White balance temperature and tint dramatically influence skin tones. Dramatically. I use lightroom, when my skin tones are off the first thing I do is spot check the skin somewhere and compare the R-G-B values looking for what's considered "good" ratios and move temp & tint sliders to get it close. Rarely do I need to dive much deeper and start tweaking individual colors (which is usually more hassle than it's worth).

There is a fairly large WB range that will deliver decent skintones. This is the reason why some people prefer warmer images & vice versa. However, if one feels that skintone is too yellow/greenish for nikon, moving the tint slider to magenta might fix the skintone but cause other parts of the image to develop a cast.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow