Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brudy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,379Gear list
Like?
Sony A7r repair woes
3 months ago

So the A7r that I bought in december is broken and sent in for repair. It's been there a month. After repeated calls they tell me the part is on backorder with no ETA. I ask for a replacement. They then 'refer' to this request to the production team? After waiting several days I hear nothing. I call again and they say there is no update. They cannot (or will not) pass the call along to anyone else. They can't tell me when or if a replacement body will be sent out. They can't even tell me when  a decision whether or not I will receive a replacement body will be made, and that I have to call back to find out. They tell me they can only communicate with this team via email.

I was hesitant to buy a sony camera to begin with (I've been primarily a long time canon user and have always had great service from them), but after this I will never buy another sony camera. I feel like I just totally wasted $3500 between the body and lens.

Sorry for the rant, but Sony's black box repair bureaucracy is awful.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/brudy

brudy's gear list:brudy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha 7R
Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow