Flat view
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,507Gear list
Like?
Waxy faces?
6 months ago

Hello,

From the DPR review of XE-2:

"Our biggest concern about the X-E2 is its JPEG rendering of skin tones, which can tend towards the disconcertingly wax-like. This is a great shame in a camera that has a JPEG engine that we otherwise really like. Still more disappointingly, you can't completely eliminate the effect without reverting to processing the Raw files off-camera - meaning you can't make full use of the camera's JPEG engine or Wi-Fi capabilities."

Can any owners post some pics what it looks like in real typical pictures.   Does the waxy look also affect landscapes scenics?

Has it been fixed in X100s and/or XT-1?

The reason I ask is because I am considering moving from Panasonic MFT to Fuji X series for travel kit.  Want benefits of APS-C IQ.  I shoot mostly Jpeg on holiday.

Thanks

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow