Who is also awaiting the G7 and disappointed?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,144Gear list
Like?
Who is also awaiting the G7 and disappointed?
5 months ago

I know many tend to reply that the G6 is good etc. Not saying it ain't. but it just seems in the last years (probably) some serious strides have been made by Panny.

First te obligatory remark on the sensor: the GX7 and GH4 use a Panasonic sensor that is clearly a step up. I am still wondering if it truelly is a Panasonic inhouse sensor because I find it quite peculiar that this one also has the banding problem with the 20 mm 1.7 (a typical Sony trait m43 trait??). But that as an aside

The sensor not only performs like no other mFT sensor has (DxO and in the GH4) . When we look at EOSHD we see that it is very good for video too in a humbler iteration than the GH4 4K version of it. The GM1 performs fantastically with it. In short: the sensor is a clear up!

Second point is the AF. Not only -4 eV but possibly also DFD, which could work very well. This and 9 fps/6 FPS (S-AF/C-AF) is another clear step up and moves this cam firmly into true allround DSLR (and nowadays also NEX6000) competition.

IBIS like the GX7 (preferably a sstep up , but okey it is meant as midrange)

The next and final thing could be the GH4 viewfinder.

No weathersealing, no 4K video, smaller size even than the G6 (more like GH2 to my mind) at 800 dollar body only. Seems like a good step up that is not too soon at all.

Why are there no rumours of any kind for such a cam? GX7 is not for everybody. G6 just does not cut it. GH4 is over the top for many. I can see myself bying it. But I think for most G7 is all they wanted in a mirrorless cam that replaces their DSLR.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow