Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
daddyo
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,239Gear list
Like?
Using the ZD 35mm Macro and EC14 w/ E-M1
4 months ago

Yesterday was trash pick up day at our house and I found this little guy on our trash container lid. He was extremely small -- his body about the size of a small grain of rice. I came in and mounted my 35mm macro and EC-14 combo to my E-M1 and got these shots hand-held. I would much rather have used a tripod, but was afraid he would be gone by the time I set up everything. Had I used a tripod and lower ISO these would be amazingly sharp images -- AF did a really good job of locking on to his little eyes.

Since it was early in the morning the light level was low and I ended up shooting at ISO 1600 -- the situation was ripe for soft shots, but I am pleased that these came out as well as they did.

He was a curious little guy and kept jumping on my lens as I got very close, so I kept blowing him off my lens, back on to the trash container lid!

The smallest things in creation display and amazing amount of design.

-- hide signature --

God Bless,
Greg
www.imagismphotos.com
www.mccroskery.zenfolio.com
www.pbase.com/daddyo

daddyo's gear list:daddyo's gear list
Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow