Stick with Nikon or Go for the 5DIII ?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
michaeladawson
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,940Gear list
Like?
Re: make your own profile with www.qpcard.com
In reply to Mikael Risedal, 8 months ago

Mikael Risedal wrote:

simple to generate own profiles , fastest and best way to get skin tones as you like them

www.qpcard.com

-- hide signature --

Member of Swedish Photographers Association since 1984
Canon, Hasselblad, Leica,Nikon, Linhoff, Sinar
Ernest Hemingway to Irving Penn:?“Your photos are really good. What camera do you use?”?Irving Penn to Ernest Hemingway:?“Your novels are excellent. What typewriter do you use?”

I use QPCard in addition to Color Checker and recommend it as well.  I didn't mention QPCard in my first response since I'm not sure if it works with Lightroom.  If it does then great.  I suppose it should since it works with ACR.  I've just never tried it.

QP Card is a bit faster to create a profile.  One thing I dislike about QPCard is that they limit you to 15 characters in the name of the profile you create.  This is just silly.

They have also been teasing us for quite a long time now that there will be QP Calibration support for Color Checker targets (CC24).  I would rate the QPCard construction itself as flimsy compared with the X-Rite Color Checker Passport.  Not bad, but nowhere near Color Checker.  The Color Checker is easier to take a photo of in more situations if you are shooting alone than the QPCard due to the built in adjustable kickstand of the Color Checker.

But, profiles from the QPCard are really good.  And at the end of the day that's the bottom line, right?

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow