Stick with Nikon or Go for the 5DIII ?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 23,103
Like?
Re: Stick with Nikon or Go for the 5DIII ?
In reply to MPA1, 6 months ago

MPA1 wrote:

benjaminblack wrote:

This is such an odd post.

You can go into your menu and adjust the white balance, that's one way. I do Amber +1 personally.

After the fact, skin tones can be easily adjusted in LR, buy some color profiles or presets if you don't want to do it manually. They can also be easily adjusted in Photoshop if you don't use lightroom.

The D3s is known for shooting wonderful skin tones... But even if that's not the case with Asian skin as you say, quick adjustments on camera, or in post-production will solve your problems.

Switching to the 5D3, and to Canon, would be a ludicrous option to improve skin tones, insanely expensive - which makes me wonder are you trolling??? Ha!

I wondered the same thing. No one doing paid professional work should be seeking answers to questions like this...

...well, anyone can be a pro, claim to be a pro, or sell images. Being a professional photographer really only means one thing, he/she is selling images and make a living out of it. It says nothing about education, knowledge, skill or anything else. You can start up a business and claim to be a professional, without doing anything else than order the equipment and call yourself a photographer. If you manage to sell then it is good, if not, then you will be out of business soon. None of that is connected to any knowledge or photography education.

Of course, I agree with you, I'd expect professional photographers to have deeper knowledge than I have, but that's very far from reality today. Never the less, what I'd expect mostly from a professional photographer is that he/she has the "eye" and can see what amateurs can't, but even here, that's not always the case.

Basically, I think that this is a sad development, which is why I agree with your comment, but this is sadly typical of our times.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow