Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rodrigue Zahr
Contributing MemberPosts: 798Gear list
Like?
Canon 5D MK-III vs XVario
4 months ago

X vario Impressive Automatic WB accuracy.
as aI said in my review and interview on Leica AG blog, one of the reasons I'm in love with the XV is it's colour rendering accuracy. Since I got it, I probably used my Canon 5D MK-III twice! Here's why.
In the pictures comparison bellow, I had my 2 cameras with me for an assignment, and so I had the chance to see how both cameras are gonna perform under same same lighting conditions. I was shooting a movie here also, so that's why I opted to use the 5D with all it's cinematic fast Prime lenses but as you can see bellow, the difference between the two is Day&Night in matter of color accuracy and skin tones fidelity. Both Pictures are converted from RAW/DNG to JPG. no editing. I should add that every single shot I took that day with the 5D-MK-III had this issue even video rushes. while every single shot I took with the XV was spot on.

PS: For those who think shallow DOF is a must for 3D / cinematic effect. XV picture looks more 3D and cinematic than the 5D's, even though the latter was shot "obviously at a much much faster aperture.

That Leica look many question and debate upon it's existence? Oh yes, it's there, it's not a myth, it's not in the minds of some fanatics, it's real and tangible.

Rodrigue Zahr's gear list:Rodrigue Zahr's gear list
Leica X Vario Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +2 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Canon EOS 5D Leica X Vario
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow