Uncropped version of posted Grand Canyon image

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
tee1000
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Re: Uncropped version of posted Grand Canyon image - Xtrans ?
In reply to KariP, 3 months ago

KariP wrote:

tee1000 wrote:

jerrysdean43 wrote:

Nice shot, but also an example of how bad x-trans is with details in landscape. Very unnatural detail rendering.

Are you serious ?

We can not tell anything about xtrans by judging this image. The air is not clear , it is evening light and we do not know the settings or PP used. Detail rendering is usually a PP issue with X trans.... if there are any issues. I have not seen any compared to my Canon cameras.

-- hide signature --

Kari
SLR photography started in 1968, Canon DSLR cameras, lenses and now also a Fuji X-E1
60.21 N 24.86 E

You are right, it is not a problem of X-Trans, but of rendering X-Trans data. No Bayer Sensor makes those water color like rendering. I've seen these problems with landscapes, so brown to green to grey gradients and trees in distance, where all renderings (like Lightroom, ACR, Capture one) except the Fuji jpgs and DCRAW struggle with details. This image above is one more example.

I've used X-Pro 1 for a year and X-E2 for half a year now. I love rendering of portraits and architecture, but landscape isn't its strength I think.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow