Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ozdean
Forum ProPosts: 20,691Gear list
Like?
Something to Ponder re DPRs AF Testing
8 months ago

I haven't been able to understand why the test with the yellow t shirted bike rider travelling at 2 mph faster and with AF Hold on High is so much better than the grey shirted bike rider with AF hold off and going slower - it should be the other way round?

Then it came to me;

What if dpr left SR on in both cases.

The yellow t shirted rider is coming directly on to the camera - the camera is hardly moving so all good, SR stays on and does its normal job - shots are pretty good until the last.

Now contrary to this the camera needed to be panned left for the grey shirted rider from shots 2 onto 8.

As we know if SR is on and you start panning the sensor is moved to the central position and locks up. Could this be why shots 3 to 7 are blurry as this is happening and why shot 8 is so good when SR locks? Shot 4 particularly looks like motion blurr and not OOf - sensor accelerating?

Then maybe shots 9&10 are when panning stops and SR is loosed to float again hence blurr again or maybe rider is just going out of the lens's range?

Maybe it is not focus blurr at all but SR invoked blurr changing from off to on and back to off?

I would love to know if they had left SR on?

Your thoughts?

-- hide signature --

Regards Dean - Capturing Creation
N.B. All my Images are Protected by Copyright

ozdean's gear list:ozdean's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-50 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow