My new DSLR has me appreciating my m43 setup much more

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Lumixdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,782Gear list
Like?
Re: Almost means there is still something ;)
In reply to Sergey_Green, 3 months ago

Well, you have the 25mm F/1.4 PanaLeica lens, and the Voightlander 25mm F/0.95. If you're doing portraits then a manual focus lens should not be an issue. Focus speed on fast moving objects should not be an issue at all for portraits in fact you've got the Voigtlander 17.5mm f0.95 for environmental portraits as well and the voightlander 42.5 F/0.95 for head and shoulders.

There is no lack of portrait lenses, or if there is you can buy a full frame lens such as just about any fast 50mm F/1.4 lens for SLRs and adapt it for Micro Four Thirds and have a manual focus 100mm lens.

You've got me one thing and that's system integration with other cameras, but the same is the case with Nikon and Canon and Pentax. In fact it's the inverse, you cannot mount a Pentax lens on a Nikon body and retain auto focus  but you can mount an Olympus lens on a Kodak or Panasonic body and still retain autofocus, in fact with an EM1 or a Panasonic GX7 you can mount Olympus Four Thirds DSLR lenses without a problem.

DSLRs are faster at present but that's a matter of time and development of Micro Four Thirds sensor technology.

Lumixdude's gear list:Lumixdude's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Apple iPhone 4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow