Nikon 1 V3 assorted daylight snaps

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 33,355Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon 1 V3 assorted daylight snaps
In reply to jonikon, 8 months ago

jonikon wrote:

Underexposed, over saturated colors, high contrast, and very little dynamic range shown in these photos. I am surprised these were shot in RAW and post processed as they have the look of over processed JPEGs. The one positive is the resolution, which is a noticeable improvement over the 10MP sensor, which will make pixel peepers and heavy croppers happy anyway.

Thanks for the candid feedback

I don't think the shots are under exposed but this is more or less the color default coming out.  I could certainly tone it down.   The light in which these were shot was clear sky, so it follows it's going to be high contrast- as you note.

The DR to be frank of the Nikon 1 is not all that competitive vs its class (Sony, and some m/43rds).  And my pentax Q7 at the lowest ISO has more DR.

I can try and post process for more DR, more shades, etc. if that's what you want to see.

Again- thanks for the candid focused thoughts.  As for the extra resolution- I think what the extra resolution brings is better IQ through sampling down compared to the previous Nikon 1's. The DR, color seems to me about the same of what those were.

- Jon

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow