Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Milo Mindbender
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Wet Cleaning an A7R, have you done it?
6 months ago

Well, my month old A7R somehow got a hair in the cavity with the sensor.  I was able to remove it without touching anything, but it left a small smudge in the corner of the sensor, probably oil from the root of the hair.

Now I need to clean it but I'm hearing all sorts of stuff on how hard this sensor is to clean, the local pro camera place even says they send them in to Sony for cleaning.  I can do that, but it's just not practical to send the camera in and be without it for a week every time it needs cleaning.  I need to have a way to do it myself when necessary.

I'm looking all over but can't find any articles about anyone who has wet-cleaned this sensor themselves.  People seem to be recommending Eclipse and Sensor Swabs, but there are no mentions of anyone actually doing it.  Has anyone here done it?  What did you use?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow