ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dabgergo
New MemberPosts: 6Gear list
Like?
Wedding body - D610 vs D700 vs D3
8 months ago

Hi guys,

I am really having hard times deciding which FX body to buy for wedding photography.

Currently I use a D7100 and a D90, and I want to replace the D90 with a FX body. Video is not imortant since I have the D7100 for that.

So:

D610 vs D700 vs D3?

I really want to hear what you think, because I simply cannot decide it.

But here are the points make my decision hard:

D610

• I love the ISO performance and dynamic range
  • I am afraid of the AF system, I think it will be worse then the one in D7100
  • Don't really like that it's not a professional camera in terms of buttons, style...
  • I don't like that it's a step back from D7100 in terms of some features (100% magnification on OK button, smaller LCD, worse AF...) 

D700 (used of course)

• I really love that its a professional camera (I hope I don't have to tell more about this point...)
  • I am a bit afraid of its age...
  • ISO performance and dynamic range is not as good as D610, it's also not better than the D7100 if we re-size to pictures to the same size
  • Its cheaper than the D610... but I am afraid that I will not be able to sell it in 2 or 3 years, so in the long run I will lose more money than with a D610
  • Don't like that there is only one card slot
  • I really like the reliable AF system 

D3 (used)

• I simple love that it's a half brick:D it's so professional that it would be a pleasure to use it, that's the true, I have already tried it, it's a dream after a consumer body.
  • It's not that expensive as I thought: its cheaper than a new D610 (in Hungary at least) and just a bit more expensive (lets say with 250 USD) than a D700 with battery grip.
  • I love the 2 card slots
  • Love the reliable AF system
  • But... I am afraid of its age... and that I will not be able to sell it in 2 or 3 years
  • ISO and DR is not that good.

Honestly a D800 with a 24MP or 16MP sensor would be the best...

I would really appreciate if you could share your opinion on this question!

dabgergo's gear list:dabgergo's gear list
Nikon D7100
Nikon D3 Nikon D610 Nikon D700 Nikon D7100 Nikon D800 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow