Leica T is out, but for who?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
cmo56
Forum MemberPosts: 99
Like?
Re: Leica T is out, but for who?
In reply to Alxy, 6 months ago

Alxy,

Your post make me remember a conversation I had in 1979 with a fellow photographer. He saw me using a Leica M4 and asked why I liked it. At that time SLR's were very popular. And asked about dozens of features and I had to answer that M4 did not have them, not even a light meter!No zooms, no motor drive, little flexibility on lenses and I was using very old lenses. I he was not even aware of the price.

He was puzzled by the lack of everything and asked what made me prefer this camera.

I could only answer: Better quality.

It seems that things have not changed in last 35 years. I still use my lenses from the 50's and 60's.

I never met somebody who bought a Leica for its list of better features compared to other cameras (regardless of the model). I did not expect that it would be different for the Leica T.

You asked for who. I pre ordered this camera and a lens today and I rarely spend any money in photographic equipment. Last time I bought a camera was 4 years ago.

-- hide signature --

Clovis

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow