Pro Photo shop close to Eglin AFB/ Fort Walton Beach, FL?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,880Gear list
Like?
Re: Pro Photo shop close to Eglin AFB/ Fort Walton Beach, FL?
In reply to jaba, 7 months ago

A disadvantage of Best Buy is a lack of variety to be found in the store. Only the most popular consumer-level items are likely to be available. Best Buy's website does allow fairly accurate real-time check of individual items available in the individual stores.

Nikon USA's site has a PDF of authorized dealers, which are categorized, with the "P" in "NPD" referring to  professional, an indicator of much better inventory and expertise.

Geographically, this area is quite flat, so distances can be travelled rather quickly along major highways, especially east and west, if one has an automobile. Foggy conditions, however, can compel one to travel more slowly during the hours of pre-dawn darkness. Morning and afternoon commuters can result in quite slow travel along Intersate Highway 12 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, should one wish to travel that far west.

As for individual camera shops, the best I can personally recommend is Houston Camera Exchange, a very long day's drive to the west, about nine hours from Pensacola, assuming one avoids the peak commuter times in Baton Rouge and Houston, and there is no fog along Interstate Highway 10. There are probably some professional-level dealers in northern Alabama, Georgia, and peninsular Florida that would be much nearer.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, with an EF-S 10-22mm and 100mm Macro L, make evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, and PJ. During personal time, I enjoy using both Canons and Nikons.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +26 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow