Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wesley Byrne
Regular MemberPosts: 119
Like?
My new DSLR has me appreciating my m43 setup much more
4 months ago

When I bought into m43 about 18 months ago I did so because I could get good images, direct camera control, and decent high-ISO performance at a very good price. The small size was a bonus. Over time, I have really come to appreciate the lenses we are able to choose from in the wide to mid telephoto range. Overall, I have been very happy with my m43 gear.

I recently decided to buy a new DSLR to use alongside my m43 gear for the usual reasons (to use with specific lenses, fast AF + tracking, slightly better DR and high-ISO performance). After first trying the 70D, which I did not like, I bought a D7000 that I am pretty happy with. It performs well, as expected, but after 18 months without a DSLR I had forgotten how big and heavy these things are. By comparison to my G3s, it is pretty big.

The D7000 has a good reputation and I am enjoying mine, but I hadn't realized how nice the m43 gear is. Most of the time my m43 gear gets me the photo I need or want, and it really is compact and lightweight.

Canon EOS 70D Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow