X-T1 goes to Beach...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Evan Effa
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,340Gear list
Like?
Re: Watercolor Effect
In reply to masterofdeception, 8 months ago

masterofdeception wrote:

I'm totally amazed if some people can look at these images and the their first reaction is "look at the watercolor effect at 100%!"

That says so much more about them then it says about your images. The only thing I'm concerned about is that you seem to have thought about it too. Why?

Thanks for posting.

I admit it.  I'm a pixel peeper.  I love studying the fine details of an image. It's part of my disease. 

The LR conversions are excellent in terms of colour, tonality, DR recovery etc. but at the Pixel level, other converters such as C1 do a better job IMO.

Having said that, unless one is printing large, this is pretty much irrelevant and gains far too much attention.

Good composition, colour, tonality, mood etc. are far harder things to quantify or systematize, but are far more important in the creation of compelling images.  FUJI has a long history of creating film stock with excellence.  They seem to have created a certain magic to their secret sauce jpegs too in terms of colour & tonality.  The fact that LR 5.4 can emulate the FUJI look, is quite wonderful.  Only the pixel peepers will be disappointed in the results.

-evan

-- hide signature --
 Evan Effa's gear list:Evan Effa's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow