Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KevinKessler
New MemberPosts: 21Gear list
Like?
Lightroom RAW Converter Inadequacies
7 months ago

I was reading the thread where people where explaining to the original poster that you have to process raw images to look good, when I ran across a comment that was basically Lightroom does a fine job of processing Canon Raws, but it is terrible for Fuji, and Photo Ninja is worlds better. This was relevant to me, since I've spent years processing Canon raws, and now am moving to the Fuji X-T1, but mostly, because I'm really looking closely at Raw converters now, because I want to get away from the insatiable money suck that is Adobe and find alternative products.

When I initially load a RAW into Photo Ninja, it looks way better then LR, because PN make some very intelligent post-processing decisions automatically. But when I adjust the Lightroom RAW to look the same as Photo Ninja, and start pixel peeping, I don't really see a difference. I just got the camera this Monday, and I pretty much have just taken pictures of foliage in my backyard, but I just don't know what to look for. Could someone post some examples of poor Raw conversion that has to do with Lightroom's poor demosaicing and not something caused by differences in post processing like sharpening or contrast.  I feel so stupid.

KevinKessler's gear list:KevinKessler's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +5 more
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow