ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Qwntm
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,550Gear list
Like?
Pretty standard Pro Kit....or why FF is still desirable over APS-c
8 months ago

Just for fun.

So here is a quote from the guy who shot the eagles: "I currently use Canon 1D Mark IV and my old 5D mark 1 cameras with mostly Canon lenses. You will always find the following lenses in my bag: Canon 16-35 mark II f2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4 and a Canon 70-200mm f2.8 is usm mark II."

That's pretty much the same kit Art Wolf uses for 95% of what he does as well...

As a pro myself, I see the rational and practicality of such a kit. And I always play the game: emulate the kit in a different system, or with a camera I'd like to use. (5D3 been there done that, never again! )

So K-3 for the body.

Tamron 10-24 3.5-4.5?     Sigma 10-20mm?    Sigma 8-16mm?   Pentax 10-20 LTD? There just is not a fast wide angle zoom for APS-c in any brand.

35mm 2.8 Macro? 31mm LTD?

And for the 70-200 I'd just go with the 70-200 Tamron because 100-300 F2.8 is cool for the same size and weight. Though there is a direct comparison in the 50-135 2.8*

Any thoughts?

-- hide signature --

Edward
www.youtube.com/photouniverse
www.edwardthomasart.com
www.pbase.com/edwardthomas

Qwntm's gear list:Qwntm's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 IIs Nikon D810 Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +6 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow