Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marvin J
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Nikon D70s advice
8 months ago

Ever since my college Photography course (2002) I've wanted to get a DSLR. After college I purchased a Fujifilm FinePix E550. (A great little 6mp point & shoot that had manual functionality including priority modes and raw!) The DSLR arena was WAY too expensive for me at the time. Fast forward to today I'm not AS broke as I was 12 years ago.

A few days ago a client of GAVE me his Nikon D70s body including the battery & manual. The camera has one major caveat... He bent the pins in the memory card module. A quick ebay search reveals a replacement module is $80.00. I feel handy enough to be able to replace it myself. (I've repaired mobile phones before) Otherwise the camera seems to be in pretty decent condition.

My question is this:
Is it worth sinking the around $250 (Lens, Memory module, Memory card, strap, battery charger) into this camera? I understand that MOST of the investment (lens, strap memory cards) would be applicable to my next camera upgrade.

OR

Should I sell it for parts and get a new semi-decent NON DSLR camera?

Looking for any kind of suggestions or advice.

Thank You!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix E550 Zoom Nikon D70s
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow