key differences between GX7 and GM1

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
MikeInRomsey
Regular MemberPosts: 292Gear list
Like?
Re: key differences between GX7 and GM1
In reply to kribee2, 8 months ago

The GX7 and GM1 have the same sensor, processor, autofocus so should produce identical image quality if the same lens is used. They differ in features such as the EVF, external buttons and the kit lens. If you can live without an EVF and dont mind small buttons then the GM1 is an ideal choice as a backup camera because it is so small. I have the GX7 because for me an EVF is essential.

The GM1 ships with the 12-32mm kit lens which gets very good reports and is also used by many GX7 owners. There could be a problem when using larger lenses with the GM1 because it would be a bit like having a lens with a camera attached rather than the other way around.

There is an excellent book that has just been released entitled "Pansonic Lumix GX7 and GM1 (From snapshots to Great shots ) which deals with both cameras since they are so similar in functionality. AT £13 it would be worth purchasing if you are considering either of these cameras.

-- hide signature --

Mike Wenman
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeinromsey/?details=1
Canon S40 -> Canon G9 -> Panasonic GX7

MikeInRomsey's gear list:MikeInRomsey's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow