Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andrewteee
Senior MemberPosts: 2,438Gear list
Like?
Leica T as a statement piece
8 months ago

Cue up the usual comments whenever Leica releases a new camera...

But take a step back.

The Leica T is a little confusing as to who it's for, but it just might be more of a statement piece than anything else. Billet aluminum, clean lines, precisely styled design and components, full mobile app-like touchscreen... while so many new cameras overtly scream "retro" the Leica T is anything but. It is pure modern design and forward-thinking technology (outside of IQ). This, from a company sometimes considered an anachronism.

It also expresses the capabilities of their (new?) factory in Germany - production becomes a part of the camera design. There's a story there; anyone see the video about how the aluminium case is precisely manufactured for the new Mac Pro...? It's not just another camera.

Nice camera, not for me, and that's just fine. I appreciate what the Leica T brings to camera design. Oddly, the thing I'm most excited about is the generous built-in memory... feels like a "well, of course" kind of thing.

Most of us are not the market for this camera - still, kudos to Leica.

Andrewteee's gear list:Andrewteee's gear list
Ricoh GR Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Pentax K-3 Nikon Df +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow