Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BoatGuy
Regular MemberPosts: 151Gear list
Like?
Wasabi vs Sony - a6000
7 months ago

I did a little testing of the Wasabi batteries this morning.

I used my a6000 recording MP4 video (max time 24m due to file size limitation) with the camera just sitting on the table in my living room.  Every 24m I had to start it again.  Per a suggestion I've read in other posts, the screen was pulled away from the body for better cooling.

I tested two Wasabi batteries rated at 1300mAh and the Sony battery rated at 1020mAh.  All batteries had been charged in the Wasabi wall charger until the indicator light was green.  All batteries indicated 100% when the a6000 was turned on.

Sony: 23m, 3m, 23m and indicated 12%.  Not sure why it stopped after only 3m the second time, possibly thermal shut down.

Wasabi 1: 23m, 23m indicated 49% remaining

Wasabi 2: 23m, 23m - indicated 50%.  Then 2m, 16m and "Battery Exhausted".  Again not sure why it quite after just 2 minutes the third time, possibly thermal shut down.  But then it ran for 16m until the battery was dead.

My conclusion is that the Wasabi batteries perform as advertised with a higher capacity than the Sony batteries.

I'm the first to admit this was not rigorous scientific testing, but I had a lot of other things to do this morning.

-- hide signature --

Be here now, be someplace else later.
http://www.newmorning.info/page41/page41.html

BoatGuy's gear list:BoatGuy's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow