Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ranlee
Contributing MemberPosts: 688Gear list
Like?
G1XmkII - 12mm Macros, various apertures
7 months ago

A few people have been questioning whether you can get sharp macros out of the MkII.  So, here are some samples along with one sample taken with my  Pany GX7 and the 20mm f1.7 lens for comparison.  I am NOT claiming that f4 is the best for the 20mm at its closest focusing distance.  I have not tested the 20mm in that regard it is simply a comparison sample and I think quite sharp enough.  They have all been reduced to 45% using Fastone.

f2

f2.8

f4

f5

f6.3

Pany 20mm f4.0

Obviously the perspective is different the Canon closer at 24mm equiv and the Pany 40mm equiv.  Of the MkII images f2 and f2.8 are both soft and both exhibit that halo effect although it is decreasing as we stop down.  f4 is quite sharp with only minimal halo.  Not much difference in sharpness through 6.3.  I personally think they compare favorably to the output of the Pany and I'm pleased with that.  Draw your own conclusions and lets see what you think.  You do need to look at the original size.  Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Randy

Ranlee's gear list:Ranlee's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow